Can’t believe its February already, man where does the time go. The days, months and years seem to be moving too fast, before I know it Ava will be in college, omg I moving ahead of myself haha. We finished our whole 30 months a few days ago, but we are still sticking to our mostly whole 30 meals, but I am having a lot of cravings for everything, I give in here and there but I’m strong enough to fight it. I’m trying to post more whole 30/paleo friendly recipes, this is one of my favorite new creations. Off course being a sweet potato junky, I had to find other ways to eat them lol. So this recipe came about in my quest for finding something that would curb my taste for Asian cuisine, and along with whole 30 friendly hot chili oil this is truly at the top of my whole 30 fav meals, I make it a couple of times a week, using four sweet potatoes that are spiralized, cooked and stir-fried, along with onions, celery, bok choy, coconut aminos. This chili oil recipe from The Woks of Life brings it all together. This satisfies my need for noodles/pasta. This is healthier, no flour or any of the foods that are not compliant with whole 30, and it comes together in a matter of minutes. I say it is fairly easy to make, much easier if you have a spiralizer, I think I really is a good kitchen tool, much like an Instant Pot lol. Being on a diet that may seem super restrictive can be daunting, especially with all the prepping, cooking and heck even grocery shopping which by the way get expensive, but when you plan it out to make it becomes much much easier. Whole 30 definitely has changed my life, and because of it, I am able to help others accomplish their goals in losing weight, getting healthier, being a source of support for the people that have joined me on this journey. Lets keep staying strong and healthier together. Try my recipe, rate, and comment.
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||30 min|
- 2 lbs ground meat I used a mix of ground beef and lamb
- 3 large sweet potato spiralized
- 3 cups chopped baby bok choy
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 2 whole celery sticks chopped
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cups coconut aminos
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- optional thai basil
- Wash, peel, and spiralize sweet potatoes.
- Heat a large skillet on high and add 2 tbsp of ghee, when hot add sweet potatoes. Mix cover with ghee.
- Season potatoes with 1/4 tsp of salt, cook for 10 minutes, place in a separate bowl.
- Return skillet to stove. Add a little oil, and ground meat.
- Season meat with 1 tsp of salt, cook for 8 minutes. Make sure to stir to cook all sides. Remove meat from the stove, pour off fat, place meat on the plate. Return skillet to stove.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to pan, heat, then add onion and celery, cook 3 minutes.
- Add bok choy, and cook an additional 3 minutes, then add meat and 1 tsp of salt, coconut aminos, and sweet potatoes.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Cook longer if needed, and add more salt as needed.
- Remove from heat and enjoy with some hot chili oil. Trust me the chili oil brings it all together for a healthy stir fry. Add optional ingredients prior to adding sweet potatoes to vegetables. Enjoy
Leave a Reply