Hi, there :). I know you can see the pic below of that moist double chocolate brownie with crunchy toffee pieces. You can’t miss the big pic I posted haha. I’m definitely not a chocolate person, if you have read any of my posts I have said that. I don’t get the fascination with chocolate. I supposed though as a kid when I had my first Hersey bar around 12 I loved it, but I think my obsession with it turned me off of chocolate for most of my adulthood.
I’ve heard some people say that eating chocolate melts their worries away, now for me, a bank account full of cash would do that haha. Nonetheless, these brownies right here are the business. These brownies have sour cream, semi-sweet chocolate melted in the batter with milk chocolate folded in. It is moist and rich with a nice crunch from the toffee on top, not too cakey. Now toffee I’m obsessed with, I pretty much like to put toffee in as many baked goods as I can lol, no judgments. I have never actually eaten a whole brownie outside of this one. These are brownies I can actually enjoy, and when it’s warm and gooey with ice cream it’s heaven. The recipe here is not complicated or long to come together, it also doesn’t bake forever. You bake it without drying it out, so if you were to use a toothpick, it will not come out clean. That’s what you want so that it holds its moisture. No one wants dry brownies, right? If you don’t eat up all the batter before you bake then you may eat them before they are cool, if you have that much self-control lol. This recipe has been tested by my coworkers and hubby who subject themselves to my recipe testing Hehe. It’s also Ava approved. I did not want to make this a long post :). As always go ahead and try it, enjoy and comment.
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||45 Min|
- 12 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1.5 cups light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 whole eggs room temp
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate Melted
- 1.5 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup toffee pieces
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup toffee pieces
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Have all ingredients ready.
- In a mixing bowl mix both sugars and melted butter, Add sour cream.
- Next whip in the eggs, vanilla, and salt mix.
- Now add melted semi-sweet chocolate.
- Fold in cocoa powder and baking soda until combined, then add flour .
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Line 9x13 inch pan with parchment, pour in batter, smooth out and sprinkle with toffee. Bake 35-40 minutes. it should have a slight giggle in the middle.
- Remove from heat, cool 20 minutes, cut in 12-15 pieces. Enjoy warm with ice cream. Don't forget to comment, This African
Elena Forschino says
This is by far my favorite brownie recipe! Gooey, rich chocolate in every bite. 😋