So here we are again with another blog post, It’s the last 2 night of my staycation ugh. Not really looking forward to going back to work, I’ve had two vacations in a months time, so I guess I really can’t complain, but being a human being I guess we can always find something to complain about right? I’ve accomplished a lot in the last week or so, from birthday party to rehabbing furniture as I said in the previous post, I do feel super accomplished, especially with that dang wall in my living room, it looks so pretty in there, It will definitely be my relaxation room. Continue to bear with me as I’m trying to balance my job and blogging, I’m still not the best at both. I do realize there are a couple of blog posts that are way overdue, but believe me I’m working on posting them all, life sometimes takes over and though it’s my intention to post when I say I will, it doesn’t always go according to plan. I came up with ricotta rum marble banana bread, made it for my family and it was eaten up in a day. As I’ve previously said, we always have bananas here, So we are always banana bread read lol. I was very happy with how delicious it was, so I decided to retest and share the recipe today. The bread is moist, sweet and slightly boozy with a touch of rum, using ghee and coconut oil, the chocolate gives it a nice contrast in flavour. It’s always nice to play around with different flavours, sometimes the outcome is better than expected. Bananas have a good amount of potassium which is good, because I went for my annual physical and it turns out that I have low potassium levels, so for the betterment of my health I need to eat more banana bread right?
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||70-80 min|
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup melted ghee(clarified butter)
- 2 whole egg
- 3 tbsp rum
- 2 2/3 cups flour I use King Arthur AP Flour
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp rum extract
- Preheat Oven to 350. Toss bananas, ricotta, buttermilk, and rum in a blender, and blend until mostly smooth.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a mixer, mix together sugar, ghee and coconut oil until well mixed. Add egg and mix.
- Next add rum extract, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Then add half the banana mixture, mix, and repeat with remaining mixture and flour.
- Line a loaf pan with parchement, lighly spray with oil. Remove 1 cup of batter in a seperate bowl, add cocoa powder and mix untill well combined.
- Next Add half the batter to the loaf pan, and scoop half of chocolate batter on top, repeat with remainder.
- Then using a small knife, begin swirling batter right in the middle, to better spread the chocolate.
- Tap pan lightly on top of counter, to even batter. Place in oven and bake 70-80 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted in middle of bread comes out clean. Bake longer or shorter, oven temps vary. Once ready remove and cool before enjoying. Dont forget to comment when you try this recipe. Thank You, Thisafrican
Leave a Reply