Hello, Hope everyone had an amazing day. My day didn’t start off so great. Went to go get inside my car and found scattered papers on the floor, so I thought my husband was looking for something in my car and forgot to clean it up. I call him and he says I haven’t been in your car. It was then that we realized someone had been in my car, and after checking his we found that his car had also been ransacked. Thankfully they took nothing but some cash. May have been some kids, but who knows. In the last six years since we bought our house, we often left our cars unlocked, but lesson learned. Don’t be too trusting of what others are capable of. With that said we are on whole30 day 12, its going by super fast. So excited to share this marinated Asian sticky shrimp skewers that are whole30 and paleo.
For the Shrimp I used large white shrimp, deveined, peeled, and tails removed. The shrimp is then marinated in a simple marinade which consists of fresh green onion, garlic, jalapeno, onion, and salt. It is left for at least 1 hour to get more of the flavor in the shrimp.
The Sauce: Is a very important component of the recipe. The base for the sauce is coconut aminos. It is a staple in whole30 cooking, because it is dark like soy sauce, and it is sweet without being too sweet, making it perfect for stir fry and marinades. The sauce is thickened by using arrowroot flour or tapioca starch. This sauce has no added sugars, they are dairy and egg-free. Can’t be called sticky sauce if it is runny.
The Shrimp is cooked on the stove with oilve oil, just for a few minutes, its drizzled with lime juice and coated in the sauce. It is them garished and ready to serve with an extra side of dipping sauce. This recipe is pretty good, made ava do her yummy food dance lol. Shrimp in general is one of the easiset things to cook, it is also quick. Enjoy with any side, it pretty versatile. Hope you enjoy this, pls rate, comment, share, and tag me.
|Prep Time||10-15 min|
|Cook Time||3-4 min|
|Passive Time||1 hr|
- 2 lbs shrimp cleaned and patted dry
- 5 stalks green onion
- 1/2 small white onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 medium jalapeno de-seeded
- 2 tbsp Water
- olive oil, for cooking
- 1 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp Sriracha whole30 compliant like yellow bird
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3/4 tbsp arrowroot or tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp Water
- Season shrimp with salt. In a food processor or blender add the green onion, garlic, jalapeno, onion, water, and blend. Use marinade to coat the shrimp. Refrigerate for 1 hr. Soak 14 skewers in cold water at the same time as you are marinating the shrimp.
- Add 5 shrimp at a time to each skewer and set aside.
- Heat stovetop griddle with 2 tbsp olive oil on high heat. When hot add skewered shrimp as many as can fit without touching. Cook Each side 3-4 minutes on each side, press down with a heavy cup to flatten more, drizzle with oil as needed.
- When done, squeeze lime juice on skewered shrimp. Brush skewers with sauce, extra for dipping, garnish with chopped cilantro, and green onion. If you don't have a griddle, use a large skillet, make sure to cut off the bottom part of wooden skewers so it will fit in the skillet.
- Toss all the marinade ingredients into a small saucepan, except for the water and arrowroot. Bring to a boil on medium heat for a few minutes. Mix water and arrowroot, pour into the sauce, bring to a quick boil and immediately remove from heat.
Leave a Reply