Hi Again, Its time for yet another recipe in the paleo family. Paleo cauliflower gnocchi, with sage and blacked shrimp. I was supposed to post this recipe days ago but was having issues with my internet. It for some reason did not want to work for us, so I was unable to attach pics and which kind of defeated the purpose of step by step recipes. I was unable to get back and post once the internet came back on. Anywho I’m super excited about getting back on another 30 days of whole30, May marks my 1 year of taking the whole 30 journeys. I’m sure I’ve mentioned this many times. It has definitely changed my life/health for the better and in turn, I’ve helped others change theirs. Besides the physical benefits, I have gained the self-confidence I once had in my 20’s, and much happier. So I’ve been trying to come up with many recipes so that I have more rotating options. I happened to find this cauliflower gnocchi at trader joes, recommended by my health nut friend Katy lol. The ingredients are whole 30 compliant having cauliflower, cassava flour, potato starch, olive oil, and sea salt. It is totally paleo, but for Whole 30 it would be considered (sex with your pants on) or SWYPO, basically eating healthier versions of unhealthy foods does not necessarily satisfy the body, so after a while, you want the real thing which makes it a little dangerous. Just like in sex, dry humping leads to taking clothes off, (paraphrased from whole30.com) That’s how you return to unhealthy habits. For the times that you are not on rotation, need a quick meal, this is an easy and yummy recipe to try. It only takes a few short minutes to come together. You have to be careful not to overcook the gnocchi as it can get soggy, I really dislike soggy food. The blackened shrimp makes it richer and more flavorful, and a tad it healthier than regular gnocchi. It also has some “parm’. which is pretty much ground cashew and nutritional yeast. But I’ll take it, cashew is much healthier than the dairy counterpart. Check out the recipe below.
|Cook Time||30 min|
- 2 bags trader joes cauliflower gnocchi
- 1 tbsp minced roasted garlic
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 3 tbsp chopped sage
- 1 lbs wild caught shrimp shells removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
dairy free cashew parm
- Season shrimp with all spices, mix well and set aside.
- Toss all of the dairy-free cheese ingredients in a blender and blend until crumbly/fine. Set aside. Recipe from Iheartumami.
- Follow the direction on cooking gnocchi, by heating a medium skillet on med-high heat. Pour gnocchi in the hot skillet and add 1/2 cup of water, cook for about 6 minutes.
- Transfer to parchment paper and place in the air fryer. Air fry for 10 min minutes.
- Return skillet to heat, add oil. When hot add shrimp. Cook 5 minutes on each side.
- chopped garlic and sage.
- Add ghee, sage, and garlic, cook for 1 min.
- Toss in Gnocchi, pieces as much as possible, as it does get sticky because of the cauliflower. Cook for five minutes. Add salt/pepper per taste.
- Remove from heat. Divide into two bowls and sprinkle with parm. Store covered in the fridge, for up to one month.
Angela Kidder says
What if you don’t have an air fryer??
Erica N says
You can always broil it in the oven
Erica N says
You can always use the oven. Sorry my response took so long. Meant to respond earlier